This position performs a variety of tasks including placing, finishing, protecting and repairing concrete.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Placing concrete into forms or other surfaces according to grade and depth specification.
- Imparting desired finish to concrete using either a hand trowel, long handled “bull float” or powered float.
- Monitoring the wind, heat and cold as it affects the curing of the concrete.
- Cutting joints/grooves in concrete with edging tools to help control cracking.
- Applying hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces.
- Completion of related post-secondary technical training plus over three years of related experience
- Must meet Albert Apprenticeship and Industry Training Approval
- Good vision, stamina, and hand eye coordination.
- Ability to estimate size and dimensions.
- Skill in smoothing and finishing freshly placed concrete, applying surface treatments and restoring concrete surfaces.
- Ability to perform tasks that include heavy lifting, climbing, balancing, stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling and reaching.
- Ability to work outdoors in dusty or dirty environments.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Ability to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment medical, drug/alcohol testing.
Compensation: $28.00 to $32.60 per hour (based on experience) plus overtime pay and full benefits.
Terms: Local; Project-Based; Full-Time (Weekdays, Evenings, and Weekends) plus over time as required.
Standard General is looking for committed, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals. We offer relocation assistance, professional growth opportunities, competitive wages and benefits package.
Please submit Resumes by:
Mail: Standard General Inc.
250 Carleton Drive, St. Albert AB T8N 6W2
Fax: (780) 459-7639 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Better Roads